Friday, October 24, 2008

Numbers

Arabs use different numbers than we use in English. It took me a while to learn them.

To help me learn them faster, Andrew and I play a little game where I read license plates to him when we're out walking and he tells me if I read them right or not. First I would just say the numbers in English as I recognized them and then when I got good at that I started saying the names of the numbers in Arabic.

٠ is 0
١ is 1
٢ is 2
٣ is 3
٤ is 4
٥ is 5
٦ is 6
٧ is 7
٨ is 8
٩ is 9

See if you can figure out what numbers are on this license plate! (You can find the answer on the left side of the plate. Don't cheat, though!)

2 comments:

Aquaspce said...

This is great I think Nanny, hold off on any new posts until Deklan can take this to his teacher (might be Wednesday before she even sees this as they have Mon/Tues off.)
But THANKYOU so much, (and Rachel) This is a great start and Deklan and Billy played your game without cheating, and liked it! So Thanks again.

Nancy said...

Will do.

I'm glad they liked my game. :)

Have a good long weekend!